Let’s run down the check list of Pittsburgh’s robust transportation infrastructure compared to other metros:
Domestic & international direct flights? Check.
Inland port? Check.
Interstate highway system? Check.
Close to major metros, international markets and natural resources? Check, check and check.
Nearly every major city in the U.S. has these assets, and the Pittsburgh region does, too. With easy access to what you need and when you need it, our system is about reliability and convenience.
Closer Than You Think
We’re in the middle of East Coast America. Close to the action but uniquely situated to differentiate positively from the rest of the world. Being here optimizes operations, allowing you to dedicate more time to making impact.
Non-Stop Flight Connections
1 hr 30 min flight time or less
|Washington D.C.||1 hr|
|Orlando||1 hr 15 min|
|Boston||1 hr 30 min|
|Charleston||1 hr 30 min|
|Charlotte||1 hr 30 min|
|Chicago||1 hr 30 min|
|Nashville||1 hr 30 min|
|New York||1 hr 30 min|
|Raleigh||1 hr 30 min|
Additional non-stop flights
|Atlanta||1 hr 40 min|
|St. Louis||1 hr 40 min|
|Detroit||2 hrs 15 min|
|Minneapolis||2 hrs 15 min|
|Newark||2 hrs 15 min|
|Miami||2 hrs 35 min|
|Denver||3 hrs 30 min|
|Las Vegas||4 hrs 30 min|
|Phoenix||4 hrs 30 min|
|Los Angeles||5 hrs 15 min|
|San Francisco||5 hrs 30 min|
|Seattle||5 hrs 30 min|
*Pre-COVID-19 air travel disruptions
A Safe Place To Do Business
The Pittsburgh Region is one of the few areas around the country that enjoys near freedom from natural disasters.
Map based on data from redcross.org and noaa.org
- Serves *62 destinations nonstop
- Four runways with available capacity; extensive air cargo facilities with direct runway access
- Named “Top 10 Domestic Airport in 2019” by Travel + Leisure
- Named J.D. Power Top 10 Medium Size Airport in North America
- PIT named a Fast Company “Most Innovative Company”
- 24 General Aviation Airports throughout the Region
*pre-COVID-19 travel disruptions
- Over 1,300 miles of freight railway
- Three Class 1 railroads: CSX, Norfolk Southern and Bessemer & Lake Erie (owned by Canadian National)
- Two intermodals
- CSX Pittsburgh Intermodal Rail Terminal
- Norfolk Southern
- Second-largest and third-busiest inland port in the U.S.
- 22 River Terminals throughout the Region
- Four major interstate highways include I-70, I-76 (PA Turnpike), I-79 and I-80
- I-68 just south of outside the region
We will support you to build in the Pittsburgh region.