Authentic. Iconic. Driven.
Pittsburgh has an edge on what’s next because the people here have embodied the qualities that prioritize “next is now.” We work with people and companies from around the world to meet their business and personal needs as they work through their decision process (no matter what stage) on where to live and do business. And when they’re ready to decide to come to the region permanently, we are there to help soften the landing and continue to help them adapt and grow.
Our Focus Areas
BUSiness Growth & Attraction
- We leverage regional assets across high-investment sectors [energy, health, life sciences, creative] to catalyze interest and local job growth.
- We position the region as the location of choice for fast-growing, deep-tech, research-driven investments [robotics, IOT, AI, cyber, mobility].
- We promote the region’s industrial, logistics, and production workforce capabilities to attract advanced manufacturing, with a focus on downstream opportunities and foreign direct investment.
Talent Growth & Attraction
- We partner with the academic community and trades to develop initiatives to increase the pool of local talent in growth sectors.
- We develop content and programmatic interventions to equip businesses and employers with the tools to attract new graduates, foreign and diverse talent, and high-demand talent.
- We attract the leading organizations and companies that cultivate a vibrant, innovative and inclusive environment for professional talent to the region.
What we offer
- The Competitive Case for Our Region
- Site Visit Planning & Execution
- Economic Research & Data
- Access to Talent Partnerships
- Development Funding Opportunities
Our vast network of partners offers access to a number of services. Get in touch with us today and we can connect you to the right person to
- Real Estate & Sites
- Local Business Networks
Our Development Network
Allegheny County Economic Development
Lance Chimka, Director
Fay-Penn Economic Development Council
Bob Shark, Executive Director
Lawerence County Economic Development Corporation
Linda Nitch, CEcD, EDFP, Director of Economic Development
Armstrong County Department of Economic Development
Michael P. Coonley, Executive Director
Greene County Industrial Developments, Inc.
Don Chappel, Executive Director
Washington County Chamber of Commerce
Jeff M. Kotula, President
Beaver County Corporation for Economic Development
Lewis Villotti, President
Greene County Department of Economic Development
Richard Cleveland, Executive Director
Westmoreland County Industrial Development Corporation
Jason Rigone, Executive Director
Community Development Corporation of Butler County
Joseph Saeler, Executive Director
Indiana County Center for Economic Operations
Byron Stauffer, Jr., Executive Director
Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Greg Flisram, Executive Director
Additional Key Partners
Petra Mitchell, President & CEO
Pittsburgh International Airport
David Storer, Director, Business Development
Regional Industrial Development Corporation (RIDC)
Donald Smith, Jr., PhD, President
Governor’s Action Team
Eric Bitar, Regional Director
Pittsburgh Life Sciences Greenhouse
James Jordan, President
Craig Davis, President & CEO
Rich Lunak, President & CEO
Pittsburgh Technology Council
Audrey Russo, President & CEO
Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC)
Vincent Valdes, Executive Director – President & CEO
We’re Here to Help
Reach out to PRA team member below who is point person for your interest(s).
Mark Anthony Thomas
President, Pittsburgh Regional Alliance
412-392-4555 x3109 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President, Business & Economic Development
Tech & Robotics
Senior Director, Business Investment
Advanced Manufacturing & Financial and Business Services
412-392-4555 x4536 | m: 412-527-7372
Vice President, Business Investment
Energy & Healthcare and Life Sciences
412-392-4555 x4543 | m: 412-491-2489
Vice President, Workforce Operations & Programs
Talent Attraction & Retention
Director, Workforce Business Engagement
Behind Pittsburgh Region
The Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (PRA), an affiliate of the Allegheny Conference on Community Development, is a 10-county Pittsburgh region economic development partnership that advances Pittsburgh’s economy and attracts strategic investment opportunities.
Make sure you are a part of what is next in Pittsburgh!